[mythtv-users] Known ivtv+pchdtv 3000 combos?

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sun Nov 21 01:19:39 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to make my PVR-250 and pcHDTV 3000 card both work.

I've god the pchdtv driver working, and I've had ivtv working for ages.

But I can't seem to get things to a place where they both work.  ivtv
oopses when I load it after pchdtv, and if I load it before pchdtv's
modules (but after having just installed them), my system hangs due to a
dma problem with hda (how ivtv manages to interfere with my hard disk is
an open question!)

I've got 2.6.7 and have tried several different ivtv versions, no go.
If I remove the pchdtv drivers from the system entirely, everything is
again fine.

What is known to work here?

(BTW, I use vanilla kernel.org kernels.)