[mythtv-users] PVR-250 snow

Jared McIntyre jmcintyre at dfsoftware.com
Sun Nov 21 21:51:15 UTC 2004

I have a PVR 250 installed with MythTV  0.16, and while everything
looks good, I'm not getting reception (just snow).  I have my capture
card settings (called "Cable") at:

type: pvr 250
video device: /dev/video0
vbi device: /dev/vbi
audio device: /dev/dsp
default input: tuner 0

On the input connections, everything is set to none except
[MPEG:/dev/video0](Tuner0)->Cable. The module.conf settings are set
as instructed in the PVR 250/350 instructions minus the last lirc
instruction:

alias char-major-81     videodev
alias char-major-81-0   ivtv
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
options ivtv debug=1
options tuner type=2
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner

This is largely a default Mandrake 10 install, except I backed the
kernel down to one of the 2.4 multimedia kernels so that I could get
ivtv to build (I didn't want to mess with trying to get the 2.6
patches working).

Any ideas?

Jared McIntyre