[mythtv-users] mythtv-suite at ATrpms broken for FC3?

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Mon Nov 22 04:47:12 UTC 2004

Axel, Jarod

Doing a fresh install on FC3 using the Myth(TV)ology writeup (Thanks Jarod!,
Thanks Axel!) on hardware that previously ran MythTV on FC1, also installed using
Jarod's guide.

nForce, GeForce 4 MX440, PVR-250... all well behaved hardware.

No surprises until apt-get install mythtv-suite, which fails. To whit:

"Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an
impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some packages
have not been created or been moved out of Incoming."

"Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that that package is
simply not installable and a bug report against that package should be filed.
The following information may help resolve the situation:"

"The following packages have unmet dependencies: mythtv-suite: Depends: mythdvd
(>=0.16) but it is not installable
E: Broken packages"

Rebuilding the database had no effect.

It's a virgin FC3 install with KDE, did I miss something? I had intended to install FC2
on this machine, but I thought that since Jarod's doing an FC3 install this weekend, I
thought I'd provide some additional feedback for the next update to Myth(TV)ology...

Haven't looked at the logs yet... I wanted to get this out to the community.

Marvin