[mythtv-users] PVR250 IR port as a blaster?

James Ogle jogle at wetafx.co.nz
Mon Nov 22 05:42:16 UTC 2004

Brad Fuller wrote:

> Calvin Gorriaran wrote:
>
>> Anyone know if you can use the IR port on the PVR250 as a blaster? My
>> backend doesn't have a TV on it. I would like to get use out of that
>> IR port if at all possible. I can't seem to get lirc compiled on
>> Fedora Core 2 in order to use my old ACT-IR200L.
>>

> Speaking of... kinda the reverse question: can you extend the IR wire
> on the PVR-250? If so, how long can it be?

I have the ir receiver for my PVR350 one running through 5 meters of
Cat5 without any issues.

-James

--
                         -- jamesOgle -- models -- wetaDigital --
                                      -- ext4589 -- 04.3875769 --

  ==   Here in the Models Dept, we pride ourselves in the      ==
  ==   sweetasery of both our hand crafted digital models,     ==
  ==   and of our fine line of extreme sporting accessories.   ==