[mythtv-users] /etc/rc.local problem

Patrick Van Humbeeck mythtv at b34tz.net
Mon Nov 22 09:02:04 UTC 2004

hello,

are you sure that you already have the ivtv modules loaded when rc.local
starts ? (I assume that should be the case but maybe it'd help if you'd
put 'sleep 5' above the 2 lines in there to give it some more time).

about the empty log files - it could be that the commands actually work
but that the log files are empty because you only redirected standard
output and not the error output. You can test this by running :
/usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 4 >/dev/null
If this still shows you the output you expect then you need to adapt your
rc.local to also redirect stderr messages to the log like this :
/usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 4 >/usr/tmp/logfile.log 2>/usr/tmp/logfile.log

HTH,

Patrick