[mythtv-users] Known ivtv+pchdtv 3000 combos?

dbakker at arrayasolutions.com dbakker at arrayasolutions.com
Mon Nov 22 13:55:22 UTC 2004

My combo works. 2 PVR250s and a HD3000. Im running:
        Linux 2.6.9
        IVTV ivtv-0.2.0-rc2p
        PCHDTV (The latest on their web page) 03

I put the following in my modules.conf
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 cx8800
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
alias char-major-81-2 ivtv
alias char-major-81-3 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_first_minor=1

Somethings to note. Install the IVTV driver first. Make sure you delete
all existing modules that relate to the PCHDTV driver and then install the
PCHDTV driver. Load the PCHDTV first (cx8800) and then ivtv.

Ive been running fine with this configuration.

David George <david at thegeorges.us>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
11/22/2004 08:40 AM
Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [mythtv-users] Known ivtv+pchdtv 3000 combos?

On 11/20/2004 8:19 PM, John Goerzen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to make my PVR-250 and pcHDTV 3000 card both work.
>
>I've god the pchdtv driver working, and I've had ivtv working for ages.
>
>But I can't seem to get things to a place where they both work.  ivtv
>oopses when I load it after pchdtv, and if I load it before pchdtv's
>modules (but after having just installed them), my system hangs due to a
>dma problem with hda (how ivtv manages to interfere with my hard disk is
>an open question!)
>
>I've got 2.6.7 and have tried several different ivtv versions, no go.
>If I remove the pchdtv drivers from the system entirely, everything is
>again fine.
>
>What is known to work here?

As soon as my HD3000 comes in, I'll be able to take a look at it.  I
will be seeing what is involved in getting the HD2000, HD3000 and two
PVR-250 working together in the same box.  Why not a slave backend for
the HD3000 you ask?  Because I don't have another machine laying around
and my electric bill is already high enough :-) .

I am hoping it will come soon, I ordered it two weeks ago.

--
David