[mythtv-users] ffmpeg/nuvexport resizing

Jonathan Markevich mythtv at jonandtina.net
Mon Nov 22 16:48:51 UTC 2004

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly... I'm trying to export
stuff to a close VCD format with ffmpeg (actually, KVCD, thanks to the
latest build of ffmpeg via apt-get).  I need to resize things to
352x240, but I have a few shows saved as 352x480.  It seems when I
specify the size on the command-line for ffmpeg it uses that as the
*input stream* frame size, and jumbles up the output stream size.  Any
ideas how I can resize the image at the same time through nuvexport?

Thanks very much in advance.

P.S. The new ffmpeg is great!  -aspect, -inter_matrix and -intra_matrix,
and -g switches were just what the Dr. ordered :)

P.P.S. For those that question the quality of ffmpeg, try your
experiments with the -hq switch as well to compare.