[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend on a laptop

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:45:34 UTC 2004

> I'm assuming that the problem is that the laptop isn't running mythbackend.
>
> If so, then afaik the options would be to copy the files to the laptop, then:
>
> A) run mythbackend on the laptop when it's disconnected. If you do
> this, you could use nuvexport on your original backend to export the
> nuv & sql files for the relevant shows. Then copy the files to the
> laptop, import the sql and nuv files (see the mailing list archives
> for how to do this) then run mythbackend and mythfrontend.
>
> B) copy the files to the laptop, then open them with mplayer. If you
> do this, then an easy way to handle things would be to have an icon on
> the desktop to open the movies folder, then have KDE set to launch
> mplayer when you double-click on a movie file.

Forgot one...

C) copy the files to the laptop, run mythbackend, and import the
movies into the MythMovies module. then you could watch them from myth
without having to do the sql import and without having to manually
launch mplayer

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003