[mythtv-users] Browsing Program Guide is Slow in CVS

Rob Rosenfeld mythtv.org at rosenfeld.to
Tue Nov 23 08:03:29 UTC 2004

I've moved over to CVS lately and it has been helpful correcting my
problems.  I'm currently running 0.16.20041115-1  However, there's one
problem is has introduced.  The program guide is very slow to browse.
Everytime I hit page up or page down it takes about 10 seconds to
update.  Once the data's on the screen, I can browse it with the arrow
keys at the expected speed, until I go off the "edge" and then it takes
about 3 seconds to load each new channel.

It's interesting because I can flip through browse mode as quick as I
can press the buttons.  It only takes 4 seconds to initially open the
guide with data, compared to the 10 seconds it takes for a page up or
page down.

Any insight into this?

Thanks,
Rob