[mythtv-users] How to make sure v4l2 is being used (compile flag?)

The Cyberwizzard a_wizzard at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 23 12:47:29 UTC 2004

I just checked out the last CVS update looking for a way to get my CX8800
based card to work under mythtv. It looks like we have some improvement as I
get a green screen instead of a crash but the old buffer 0 and 1 errors are
back. Now I know this might something to do with the v4l drivers and I want
to force MythTV to use the v4l2 API since that one seems to work fine. (If I
understand the source correctly, switching to v4l2 also automatically
enables the YUV conversion which is required for this to work).

However, after looking through the docs and googling for hours I still
haven't found a way to determine which interface (v4l/v4l2) is being used
and when it uses the old API, force myth to use the new (either by command
flag or recompile).

How do I do this?

Berend Dekens