[mythtv-users] Known ivtv+pchdtv 3000 combos?

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 13:40:49 UTC 2004

> |I don't think I'll be able to do any work on my system until I
> |see an example of a PVR-350 and a HD-3000.
>
> You do realize that even if you get the cards to work together you will
> not be able to use the PVR-350's hardware MPEG decoder TV-OUT to display
> Live-TV ATSC content from the HD-3000, right?  I mention this only because
> it wasn't immediately obvious to me...
>
>                                 Dan Lanciani
>                                 ddl at danlan.*com

In "background mode", I had been wondering about how I would
actually view HDTV, should I ever get the HD-3000 working.

Since no one has ever mentioned a PVR-350 and a HD-3000
combination working together, I assumed that folks with only
HD-3000 cards must have a way to view HDTV.  In fact, the
pcHDTV software download includes xine, so I thought that if
the PVR-350 doesn't work, then xine would be a way to view
recorded programs.  I just got so discouraged, depressed, and
frustrated with HD-3000, I gave no thought to watching live TV.
But I do use xine to watch DVDs, and xine works, really works!

So, how do you watch live HDTV on a HD-3000?  Does it show
up in a desktop window?  Can live HDTV actually be watched?
Answers to these questions don't really matter for me at the moment.
I have SO much work ahead: move cards around the PCI slots to
make room for a HD-3000, rebuild the latest HD-3000 drivers,
then trial-and-error to get the drivers loaded and try to get
a signal detected from the antenna.  Actually seeing HDTV is a
long, long way off.

--
MM