[mythtv-users] Re: Quality of Capture of HDTV satellite

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 16:49:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:44:07 -0600, Footer wrote:
> OK, I'm sold.  Now I just have to figure out how to do it!  My DirecTV
> Samsung TS-360 HD receiver does have serial out so I assume I could do
> it either of the two ways you suggest.  I was planning to order up one
> of these:
>
>    http://www.irblaster.info/
>
> plug it in to the RS232 port on my TS-360 and use some code I found
> from another mythtv-users post (see below) that succesfully got his
> TS-360 working. Will this work?
>
> Thanks!
> TLD

Wow, someone might use that code I posted a while ago.  Great!

I'm a little confused though.  With that code and a serial cable, you
won't need an IR blaster.  It's an "either/or" situation.  Either you
get the serial port to work, or you use the IR blaster.  All my
commands are being sent over the serial cable and it's working great.
Myth is happily in control of my samsung sat box.

Geoff