[mythtv-users] Re: Quality of Capture of HDTV satellite

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 20:29:21 UTC 2004

Yeah Footer, you are a little off the mark, you are creating more work
for yourself, and spending money unecessarily!!

If you are using the IRBlaster, you are supposed to plug it into your
MythTV serial port and, via a second lirc profile, use it to send IR
to the HD satellite box's IR receiver (in the same way your remote
sends IR to the satellite box).

However, the serial input on the satellite box means you DON'T need an
IRBlaster, you should just need a simple serial cable (or is it a null
modem cable?) to do a direct hookup from the serial out of the Myth
box to the serial in on the satellite box, bypassing the need for IR
altogether. Much cleaner solution!

Robin