[mythtv-users] Converting a TiVO Series 2 to a Myth Box?

Ewan Grantham ewan.grantham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 20:47:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:36:29 -0500, Fred Squires <fsquires at gmail.com> wrote:

> You could use an X-Box.  I just modded and installed myth on one last
> week.
> Go to this page for instructions on installing.
> bit.blkbk.com

Hmm... on that page I see a list of files and a readme that begins with:
Boot the Xebian Live CD ISO (1.0.3) on your XBox. I recommend using the Mech
Assault installer to get your XBox able to boot the Live CD.

For someone who doesn't own an XBox, but is willing to consider
getting one to serve as a FrontEnd (which I assume is what you're
doing), how difficult is it going to be to get/do the Mech Assault
installer? FAQ somewhere? I assume this is some technique to convince
a Microsoft box that Linux is "OK"?

Thanks,
Ewan