[mythtv-users] MoBo+PVR150 or 350?

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 20:51:11 UTC 2004

> But my question is what does it mean that everything comes through a
> framebuffer - is that actually inferior quality or simply more processind
> needed?

The framebuffer is basically just what it sounds like, a buffer (some
memory) where X can draw the video (or frames).  The reason why it's
not as good is not  because it's a framebuffer but because the pvr 350
doesn't do any video processing itself (except for mpeg2) so all
processing must be done by the cpu.  This is different from most
regular video cards (like the nvidia cards) where some of the video
processing can be offloaded to the card.

--
I probably still have a few gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.