[mythtv-users] free diskspace script

Patrick Van Humbeeck mythtv at b34tz.net
Wed Nov 24 07:24:18 UTC 2004

hi all,

I just wrote a little script to check for free disk space, taking the
files without autoexpire into account (I record some stuff with autoexpire
off, and since I'm lazy I don't archive my files too often but don't want
to run into a disk full either :)

the output looks like this :

gate scripts # ./diskspace.sh
total store size     = 132865 Mb ( 83 files)
without autoexpire   =  80531 Mb ( 51 files)
with autoexpire      =  52333 Mb ( 32 files)
free space available =   5670 Mb

the script is not very well written but it works and I thought I'd share
it, since some of you might find it useful.

patrick