[mythtv-users] OpenGL makes mythfrontend crash !!

Steve Hayles (diverse) steve at diverseyachts.com
Wed Nov 24 09:18:47 UTC 2004

Could be a few things but could be a permissions problem.

Try running glxgears or glxinfo as a 'normal' user and as root.  You might
find it may work as Root and not as normal user.

I have exactly the same problem with my setup which I have temporarily
solved by SUDO'ing Mythfrontend.

Also when you compiled mythmusic did ./configure --enable-opengl   (or
--enable-all).  I think this is needed to compile in support for opengl in
the music module