[mythtv-users] Re: Trouble installing k3b

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 19:32:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:54:35 -0600, Lane Schwartz <dowobeha at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:48:05 +0100, Axel Thimm <axel.thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 05:27:21PM -0600, Lane Schwartz wrote:
> >

> > > Not sure how to interpret this, but here's the results of apt-cache
> > >
> > > [root at myth root]# apt-cache policy kdebase
> > > kdebase:
> > >   Installed: 6:3.2.2-6.FC2
> > >   Candidate: 6:3.3.1-1.2.2.kde
> > >   Version Table:
> > >      6:3.3.1-1.2.2.kde 0
> > >         996 http://kde-redhat.atrpms.net 2/stable pkglist
> > >         996 ftp://apt.kde-redhat.org 2/stable pkglist
> > >  *** 6:3.2.2-6.FC2 0
> > >         996 http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/2/i386/updates pkglist
> > >         100 RPM Database
> > >      6:3.2.2-4 0
> > >         996 http://ayo.freshrpms.net fedora/linux/2/i386/core pkglist
> >
> > That looks fine, you should apt-get (dist-)upgrade to get to the proper
> > version, so that k3b can get installed.
>
> Running apt-get dist-upgrade now.... Hopefully this'll do it. :)
>
> Thanks for the help, Axel.

Well, that didn't work. :(

I ran apt-get dist-upgrade. That allowed me to install k3b.
Unfortunately, when I rebooted, X decided that it didn't want to
start.

I can log in remotely, and I've verified that mythbackend is still
running fine. Not sure at this point whether it'll be simpler to try
and debug this or whether I should go for a reinstall. Hmm...

Lane

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003