[mythtv-users] OpenGL makes mythfrontend crash !!

Franco mythtv at email.it
Wed Nov 24 22:00:50 UTC 2004

> Try running glxgears or glxinfo as a 'normal' user and as root.  You might
> find it may work as Root and not as normal user.

Tried. Unfortunately, they DO run as mythtv user. I even tried
your suggestion to chmod +s /usr/bin/mythfrontend
but nothing changes. If I set "Gears" as the visualization,
mythfrontend dies immediately as soon as I try to play music...

> Also when you compiled mythmusic did ./configure --enable-opengl   (or
> --enable-all).  I think this is needed to compile in support for opengl in
> the music module

I'm using the pre-compiled binaries available via apt-get, as suggested
in Jarod's guide...

Franco