[mythtv-users] Import channels from tvtime

Fredrik Furesjö fredrikf at nada.kth.se
Wed Nov 24 22:59:24 UTC 2004

Hi,

I had the same problem in the beginning when I put up my myth box.
My solution to the problem might not be the smoothest but it worked.

I got the tv listnings working, tv_grab_sv, by some good help from this
list. Thanks!

Then I got the frequencies of the channels exported from kdetv. And then
manually put them in into the column freqid in the table channels in the
myth database. (I used MySQLCC for this)

However I am also interested in if there is any better solution to this.
It seems like it should be ;-). Is there any way of to scan through the
frequencies to find channels like in kdetv and get the channel info from
VBI?

/Fredrik