[mythtv-users] Problems w/ MythTV

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 19:32:18 UTC 2004

I can't help you with everything, but I can suggest a
couple of things:

1. When you use the PVR-350 to play your videos in
MythTV, the sound goes out the PVR-350 audio out.
Therefore, that has to be connected somehow.  The
connection that I used with my PVR-350 (which I
believe is the most common) is to connect the RCA
jacks to Line-In, and unmute it.  (From there, connect
Line-Out to your TV.)

2. When I use the ivtv driver, I do get a brief green
screen before X kicks in.

3. Don't know about that one, I haven't seen it myself

4. If the PVR-350 is hooked up properly, then I don't
know.

5. The insturctions on Jarod's site worked perfectly
for me (although I use different files that I created
because I don't use the PVR-350 remote, I use a
Universal remote).

6. I believe that is a problem with the ivtv driver
included with the RPM.  I recall having the same
problem until I found a different copy of the
ivtvdrv_dev.o (I think that's the name) binary file.

-- Joe