[mythtv-users] lirc_serial woes

Noel Murphy bnmurphy at rogers.com
Fri Nov 26 15:12:39 UTC 2004

What would the "lirc_serial" line look like in modprobe.conf?

Doing a find for "lirc_serial" comes up with nothing (I'm assuming this
is where the problem lies).

I DO have /dev/lirc pointing to /dev/ttyS0

Trying /sbin/modprobe lirc_serial gives me:

FATAL: Module lirc_serial not found.

Is there some package I should have installed to get the lirc_serial
module? Another thing which I should mention (which I totally forgot
about) was that when I installed the OS on this machine, I had an ATI
remote wonder plugged in. I no longer have that, but there may be some
stuff left over from that being detected that I need to remove.

Thanks for the help so far.

Noel