[mythtv-users] ATrpms 0.16-82.1.rhfc2.at -> No XvMC found + Segmentation fault

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Nov 27 07:47:04 UTC 2004

On Friday 26 November 2004 22:28, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Saturday 27 November 2004 01:20 am, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> > On Nov 26, 2004, at 9:56 PM, Romain Kang wrote:
> > > This morning, I used "apt-get upgrade" to bring my MythTV installation
> > > to Axel's 0.16-82.1.rhfc2.at RPM set (aka mythtv-suite-0.16-44.at).
> > > I used the updated installation to view previously transcoded .nuv's.
> > > Then this evening, I tried to view newly recorded captures from a
> > > PVR-350.  This failed, with mythfrontend producing messages about
> > >  No XvMC found
> > > followed by
> > >  Segmentation fault
> > > and a core dump.  This may be related to my Radeon 9200SE's lack of
> > > support for XvMC.
> > >
> > > Rolling back to libmyth-0.16-81.rhfc2.at and keeping the rest of the
> > > the updated packages appear to have restored normal operation.
> >
> > The new builds are the first to include full nVidia XvMC support, which
> > I believe gets enabled by default when built into the package (at least
> > that's the case w/my EPIA for Unichrome XvMC). Just go into the
> > frontend settings and disable XvMC on the hardware decoding setup page,
> > since no, your Radeon doesn't do XvMC, esp. the nVidia variant.
>
> Please disable the xvmc by default in the rpms.  I really don't want to
> deal with the extra bug reports.

Ack, hadn't thought about that. Ideally, I think maybe I'd like to see an
alternate nVidia XvMC build and an alternate Unichrome XvMC build, and leave
the no-XvMC build as the default one (so people must jump through extra hoops
to get one of the other ones).

Or is there a way to include XvMC support, but have it default to being off?

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...