[mythtv-users] Settings vs file size question

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 18:46:21 UTC 2004

That file size is correct for your settings (assuming
MPEG-2, which is what I use coming off of a PVR-250).

In order to reduce your file sizes to 1GB per hour,
you'll need to reduce the bitrate.  Lower the bitrate,
the maximum (peak) bitrate, and it would also help to
lower the audio bitrate.

Make sure that you change the bitrates in any profiles
that you are using (I believe that the Default and the
LiveTV profiles are used, I don't know about Low and
High Quality - I just change them all to the same
thing).

-- Joe