[mythtv-users] Case recommendations (uk)

Simon Williams ultim8fury at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 22:59:19 UTC 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:58:16 +0000, Greg Cope <gregcope at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am about ready to put my Pundit in the bin - neither does it
> recognise New celeron's, but it has has a problem where I get
> interferance on the sound when ever the disk seeks - I assume this is
> PSU related.  However I have wasted so much time I get a new box!
>
> Anyone any suggestions for a small ish media case.
> What I would like is:
> 2 drive bays
> DVD bay - with cover like the pundit
> 3+ PCI slots
> MicroATX motherboard size?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> These look nice if pricey:
>
> http://www.quietpc.com/uk/htpc.ph (Accent HT-x00 HTPC Cases)

expensive for what is basically just a standard steel frame with a
nice front panel. Personally I went for the Claritas PC case from
www.standsunique.com its more expensive but its 3mm thick alu all
round except for the front panel which is 10mm thick. this is a
perfect match for my denon amp and dvd player. Very well designed and
built. Worth the cost IMHO.

pdf available from

http://www.standsunique.com/Claritas-july04.pdf

also has the advantage of being able to take a full size mobo if you
get an 'A' style case. Depth wise they come in 290mm or 390mm so if
you have a shallow AV rack it will still fit in nicely.

If you want to go cheaper then the silverstone cases seem to get good reviews.

Simon.