[mythtv-users] Re: ATrpms 0.16-82.1.rhfc2.at -> No XvMC found + Segmentation fault

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Nov 28 06:33:39 UTC 2004

On Saturday 27 November 2004 18:24, Isaac Richards wrote:

> > > Cool.  Separate rpms makes sense to me..
> >
> > Are mythfrontend and libmyth the only parts that would require
> > different packaging for different XvMC settings, or are there more?
> >
> > I dont think the libmyth ABI will change depending on XvMC settings
> > (currently no otherplugin uses XvMC), but I better ask. :)
>
> libmyth doesn't have anything to do with xvmc.  The libraries that change
> are libmythavcodec and libmythtv.

In the package sense, libmyth does, since its the name of the package that
includes all the Myth libs. From what you're saying though, it sounds like
ATrpms would only need separate libmyth (with only two of the actual libs
differing) and mythfrontend packages to support nVidia XvMC and Unichrome
XvMC, then use common packages for everything else.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...