[mythtv-users] Install Problems

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Nov 28 07:47:11 UTC 2004

On Saturday 27 November 2004 12:04, Jim Gifford wrote:
> I have tried to use Jarod's guide with FC2, but I have run into several
> issues.
>
> With the 2.65 kernel
>           No ivtv or lirc kernel modules at atrpm's

Nope, that kernel has security holes, and ATrpms can't realistically support
every single kernel out there.

> With the 2.6.8 kernel
>           Loose my sound card

Have you tried installing the very latest ALSA drivers from ATrpms? (v1.0.7)
Perhaps that'll fix your sound card. 2.6.8-1.521 was a pretty rock-solid
kernel in my book. (Still running it on two of my Myth boxes). And how
certain are you that you loose the sound card, and it isn't just a matter of
needing to readjust the mixer and/or re-run system-config-soundcard?

> With the 2.69 kernel
>           acpi issues

Such as? Ah, I see below.

> Ok here is my system specs
>
> Amptron M7VIZ mobo
>      built in video is S3 Unichrome video
>      built in audio is vt82xxx
>      built in network via-rhine
> Duron 1.8
> 512 MB DDR Ram
> Hauppauge PVR-350
>
> I want to use the nvram-wakeup, which works under the 2.6.5 and 2.6.8.
> But under 2.6.9, acpi power off doesn't work.

Should be filed against Red Hat's bugzilla then. You might also search their
bugzilla to see if anyone has reported the same, and possibly offered a fix.

> Thanx for your assistance

Are you using the 350 for output, or the Unichrome?

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...