[mythtv-users] Install Problems

Jim Gifford maillist at jg555.com
Sun Nov 28 08:30:03 UTC 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>Have you tried installing the very latest ALSA drivers from ATrpms? (v1.0.7)
>Perhaps that'll fix your sound card. 2.6.8-1.521 was a pretty rock-solid
>kernel in my book. (Still running it on two of my Myth boxes). And how
>certain are you that you loose the sound card, and it isn't just a matter of
>needing to readjust the mixer and/or re-run system-config-soundcard?

    Re-ran config with no avail, just dead sound. Seems to be common
with the via82xx though, looking around some of the other mailing lists
for Fedora

>Are you using the 350 for output, or the Unichrome?

Yes I'm using the 350 for the output, since this board doesn't have a
TV-OUT,  I figured that would be the safest to use.

I noticed that you have updated to FC3 in your hint, do you want me to
give that a shot.