[mythtv-users] ALSA Questions

W C Travis wctopen at covad.net
Sun Nov 28 18:26:47 UTC 2004

I've narrowed the problems I was having with no sound to my own lack of
understanding of ALSA.

If anyone can tell me the right device names to provide for the Capture
Card Setup (in mythtvsetup: capture cards) and the Audio Output Device
(in mythfrontend: setup > general > audio) *or* where to read about
this if I do not have the free time to become an ALSA guru, I would be
grateful!

I had Live TV working fine with the Audio output device set to
ALSA:hw#0.0 (if I recall) but recordings and recordings payback lacked
sound. I continued experimenting and am back to square one, so, it's
time to ask.

The capture card is a PVR-250. My .asoundrc is taken right out of the
HowTo, and may be unnecessary:

pcm.emu10k {
  type hw
  card 0