[mythtv-users] Re: MythTV on FC3 using atrpms: problems andworkarounds

Craig Box craig at dubculture.co.nz
Sun Nov 28 20:00:25 UTC 2004

> > besides lirc wants to use /dev/lirc which does not exist (however,
> > /dev/lirc0 exists);
>
> Missing udev bits in the lirc rpms, any submission is welcome :)

I believe you're meant to end up with /dev/lirc0 and /dev/lircd?

After a post on this list or another, I put KERNEL="lirc0", NAME="lircd"
into a file in /etc/udev/rules.d/ - not sure if it works, because I manually
created the device after the instructions for udev on the lirc site didn't
work.  Just bringing it back to your attention.

Craig