[mythtv-users] Alsa: duplicate output to SPDIF?

Dave Packham dpackham at caos.utah.edu
Mon Nov 29 05:11:26 UTC 2004

I know that this is possaible to duplicate the analog/spdif output.  To
test this I installed Windows XP on my myth server (on a clean HD) and
installed some windows PVR softwares like Snapstream and GBpvr and a few
others.  They all had no problem with simultaneous playback on both the
spidf optical out AC3 information and the analog thru the TV speakers.

So I know that my hardware most likely yours can handle it... We just
need to figure out HOW to setup ALSA to give it to us

Dave P