[mythtv-users] very interested in building my own pvr

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 07:08:37 UTC 2004

Well, actually, that is in fact well above the requirements for
regular SDTV, if you use a hradware encoder such as a hauppauge pvr
250.  HDTV capture is, AFAIK, also fairly easy (as the data is already
mpeg2) with a pcHDTV(2/3)000 (the only one currently supported in
linux)  For HDTV playback, you need a much, much beefier machine,
AFAIK.

-Nate