[mythtv-users] PVR-350 tv-out problem

Juan C. Gallardo jgamo at cantv.net
Mon Nov 29 12:59:21 UTC 2004

Hi to everyone

I am trying to set my mythtv on the tv-output of the pvr-350 and I have
some troubles, maybe someone can see what my mistake is and give me a hand.

my xorg.conf device section is like this:

Section "Device"
    Identifier "videocard0"
    Driver "ivtvdev"
    Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"
    BusID "00:09:0" # (Here I have tried many many different way to
write the same)
EndSection

my lspci

0000:00:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc
iTVC15 MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)

I have ivtv-fb load
and everything that I get is a black screen.
The card work since I can do test with it, and I can use the frambuffer
from console, but not from X.
When I shut down the X server I can see the message:

(EE) IVTVDEV(0): FBIOPAN_DISPLAY: Invalid argument
failed to open catalog, using default messages
failed to load groupfile:
apps file failure

I have the idea that something is wrong with the BusID since when I look
at /var/log/Xorg.0.log I think is still using my nvidia card.

(--) PCI: (0:9:0) unknown vendor (0x4444) inknown chipset (0x0803) rev
1, Mem @ 0xd800000000/26
(--) PCI:*(1:0:0) nVidia Corporation unknow chipset (0x0185) rev 193
(II) Primary Device is:PCI 01:00:0
(II) IVTVDEV(0): using default device

can someone give me a hand here?

Juan