[mythtv-users] Force Pal? Possible?

Konstantinos Stathatos kstathatos at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 22:07:38 UTC 2004

John,

If I understand what you're saying correctly, mythbackend can switch
between PAL and NTSC based on channel configuration without restarting,
right? Do you have any idea if this is supposed to work with the PVR350?
I've tried using it and it didn't seem to work. I have no problem
switching PAL/NTSC outside MythTV.

Here's what I was trying to do. My regular TV input is a Dish receiver
feeding NTSC signal through S-Video. I also have a PAL Hi8 camcorder
with S-Video out. I'd like to be able to digitize my PAL Hi8 tapes,
through MythTV if possible. What I tried doing, was to create a "fake"
PAL channel (my default setting is NTSC) so that when I connect my
camcorder to the PVR350 S-Video (replacing the Dish signal), switch to
the fake channel, and record the PAL signal. I had no luck with that.

Do you know if there is a way to make this work somehow?

Kostas