[mythtv-users] Sound issues

dargus at ou.edu dargus at ou.edu
Mon Nov 29 23:37:57 UTC 2004

I've installed MythTV on Fedora Core 2 using apt. I'm using a cheap WinTV-Go card. When I first installed it everything was working fine but there was no sound. This is not a patch cable issue because I plugged my speakers directly into the TV card. I ran the ftvco script to automatically write my modprobe.conf entry and after changing modprobe.conf the sound worked. Now a couple of reboots later with no changes the sound is gone again. I'm fairly familiar with Linux but I have no idea what the problem could be. Is there a command I can use to turn the sound on manually? I'm including my modprobe.conf entries because I'm recieveing an error on the line "post-install bttv modprobe tuner; modprobe videodev". I don't really know enough about modprobe.conf to determine what the error is. Any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    -Dargus

# i2c
alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
options i2c-core i2c_debug=1
options i2c-algo-bit bit_test=1

# bttv
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
options bttv card=10 pll=0
options tuner type=8 debug=0
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
post-install bttv modprobe tuner; modprobe videodev