[mythtv-users] Re: Mythbackend error on FC2 and/or FC3 and cx88

Marc Fielding mf-mtv at hotpop.com
Tue Nov 30 03:44:23 UTC 2004

Martin Forssen wrote:

>On 28 Nov, Marc Fielding wrote:
>

>>On the latest CVS version of MythTV, however, I get the same
>>VIDIOCMCAPTURE0 errors you are seeing;  I assume some change since
>>September 12 has broken cx88 support again.  For you MythTV gurus: is
>>there a way to get historical CVS snapshots to try and identify which
>>change broke cx88 support?  And are there any reports of actually
>>working 0.16+ MythTV setups?
>>

>There is a thread on mythtv-dev called "How to make sure v4l2 is being
>used (compile flag?)" which talks about this issue. Basically I found
>that you need to remove line 875 'using_v4l2 = false' of
>libs/libmythtv/NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp
>
>After that fix it works better. I am still not satisfied though and will
>look further into it.
>
>	/MaF

I see that the one-line NuppelVideoRecorder fix just made it into CVS..
thanks ijs.  With the latest CVS version I have working video just like
in 0.16.  Gettting sound to work is still a bit messy (open TV channel
then run the radio app in another window then change the channel) but
it's definately a step further than before.

Cheers,

Marc