[mythtv-users] Need IR receiver recommendation

Jason Ramey majordomo at permutation.org
Tue Nov 30 13:37:05 UTC 2004

Lane Schwartz wrote:

>Jarod, is this what you mean?
>
>http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=80-100-851&depa=0
>
>If so, can you confirm that it does work with Myth? The newegg
>description says, in big red letters, "THIS IS NOT A UNIVERSAL REMOTE
>CONTROL! THIS REMOTE WILL ONLY WORK WITH MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP MEDIA
>CENTER OPERATING SYSTEMS!"

I'm gonna hazard to say yes, this will work. This is the latest (2005)
version of their MCE remote, key layout is different but the receiver
looks the same. I have one purchased early in 2004 from newegg and it
works great. It will only work for receiving though, the IR blaster that
comes with it is non-functional (at the moment?) To use it requires
using at least lirc 0.7.0. That hasn't made it into the debian
repositories yet, dunno about RPM-based distros. Hope that helps.

--
Jason Ramey
majordomo at permutation.org