[mythtv-users] Need IR receiver recommendation

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Nov 30 21:37:56 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 13:07, Dave Packham wrote:
> Would you buy/use this over a Irman or USB-IRT type device?

I've never used either one, so I couldn't say. Its worlds better than any of
the IR dongle thingies that come with TV cards though.

> And I own a
> DishPlayer remote that im using now.  With a homebuilt IR reciever.  I
> would like one that more compatable with other apps.

A different IR receiver doesn't make anything more compatible with apps. If
you're getting IR signals into LIRC, its up to the app to support LIRC, and
you to configure LIRC to map buttons to functions.

> I know its not a IR sender

Actually, it is. But the send functionality isn't implemented (yet?) under
LIRC.

> but does it have all the functionality if the Irman/USB-IRT?

I'm not sure what extra functionality there is, beyond being able to receive
IR signals and pass them to LIRC... Or do I need to read up on the IRman and
USB-IRT?

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com