[mythtv-users] lirc0.6.6 could not reset tty error

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 1 01:54:28 EDT 2004

On Thursday 30 September 2004 18:56, Don Brown wrote:
> All work working and then I had to screw it up somehow - man, I gotta stop
> playing around "improving" things.
>
> I'm using lirc and a hauppage remote sensor (with a One4All 8-in-one remote
> properly configured as an appropriate VCR).
>
> I installed from CVS quite a while ago and still had the source around so I
> started all over again,  with the configure dialog, ran configure, make,
> and make install.
>
> I have:
> [root at mythtv lirc]# ls -l /dev/lir*
> crw-rw-rw-  1 root root 61, 0 Sep 29 20:30 /dev/lirc
> srw-rw-rw-  1 root root     0 Sep 30 19:45 /dev/lircd
> prw-rw-rw-  1 root root     0 Jun  5 09:48 /dev/lircm
>
> Before I did all the re-config, make, etc, I think /dev/lirc was a symbolic
> link to /dev/ttyS0, but I can't confirm that.

Yes you can. The output above confirms that its a character device like it
should be, not a symlink to ttyS0.

> But using the hauppage ir
> receiver, I don't think I *WANT* it to point to ttyS0, do I?

Nope.

> Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

What version number is showing up w/that CVS build? You might be better off
grabbing a recent 0.7.0pre snapshot off the lirc site. Some kernel stuff
might have changed that broke the version you had laying around.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...