[mythtv-users] MythTivo Content Aggrigator - Am I crazy?

Peter Pouliot peter at pouliot.net
Fri Oct 1 09:26:50 EDT 2004

hi all,
First time poster big time fan, so here's what I'm looking to do, am I
crazy.  I'm looking to use MythTV/MythTivo as a front end to 4 Dtivo
units.  In a nutshell, I currently have 4 directv/tivo (dtivo) units
doing the recording and want to use a mythtv/mythtivo fe/mini-itx box as
the means for getting to the content that is being recorded.

The breakdown:

    * 3 DSR6000's + 1 Hughes Series Too DTivo w/ USB Network Card
    * Currently I inject 2 (rf modulation) of the DSR6000's into my
basic cable (made
       my internet cheaper) stream as channels (70,75 and ir)
    * structured wiring (2 rg6/2 cat5e) throughout house (I have the
scars to show for it)
    * Currently have a mini-itx/slimserver (go slimmy,sqz, and
slimdevices.com) and
       need an excuse to builld another mini-itx server to make my house
rock!
    * About to network/upgrade one of the DSR6000 w/ 9thT cache/nic
card. (came in today)
      and need a reason to install software on the series too
    * Goal hook up a tv/ir target/coax to wall/universal remote to
       any 1 rg6 connection in any room and
       have access to all dtivo/cable resources w/o additional hardware.
    * Want to basically build a Tivo Cluster to work my biddings
    * I'm a op monkey {(pp)roboscis}
    * Also looking for more reasons to add the 2 other tivo's and a
mini-itx
       Mythtv(fe) content aggrigator as channels 78, 82, 88 in my basic
channel stream.
   am i crazy, and is it possible to make a mini-itx/mythtv box be able
to handle this?

Cheers,