[mythtv-users] mythburn: automagic DVD burning becoming part of Myth soon?

mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sat Oct 2 15:20:34 EDT 2004

On Saturday 02 October 2004 02:54 pm, Kevin dePfyffer wrote:

>  I saw this last week also and it looks sweet. I have just about
> everything working on FC2 except for the export (most important part)
> I was able to get the interface up in mythweb minus some pictures but
> everything else worked until it tried to export. It's not finding the
> files because it's looking in /mount/store//videoname.nuv.
> I tried the fix listed on the forum but it still didn't work.
> As far as I'm concerned this is the only thing missing from mythtv.
> No disrespect intended, Mythtv has been working for me for over two
> years now and TV in our house wouldn't be the same without it, even my
> wife is hooked. I had several hardware issues/failures and I couldn't
> get the server back up fast enough "just go buy what you need to buy" I
> don't hear that often ;-).
> Thanks for everyones hard work.
> sorry for the long post - anyone else get this working on fc2?

So is programming in C++ so difficult that nobody besides the developers
can program a DVD burning module for Myth?  This is about the 3-4th hacked
together set of scripts I've seen for DVD production so far, I'm sure I'm not
the only one waiting for something clean to install so I can archive half my
hard drive.  I tried one of the other ones, and it was insane to install, and
in the end couldn't get it working even with the developer's help.