[mythtv-users] mythburn: automagic DVD burning becoming part of Myth soon?

mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sat Oct 2 16:48:10 EDT 2004

On Saturday 02 October 2004 03:57 pm, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 15:20:34 -0400, mark <fairlane at springcom.com> wrote:
> > So is programming in C++ so difficult that nobody besides the developers
> > can program a DVD burning module for Myth?
>
> Yes. That's what makes us developers.  C++ is one of the harder
> languages to learn and program well in.  Combin that with the fact
> that you need to learn Qt and the Myth APIs and the barrier for entry
> is pretty high.
>
> Converting nuv2disk to a C++ Myth plugin is on my list of things to
> do, but my time is limited and I do so little archiving to DVD myself
> it's not been a priority for me.

See there, you learn something new every day.  I learned Pascal, Fortran77,
and 6809ML in college, and didn't realize that C++ was that different.
nuvexport is a nice program, but you add that to the dvdauthoring business,
and the wife just can't do any archiving by herself.  Wish I knew how to
program more, but it's not my chosen field, so I'll keep waiting.  thanks for
the info.

Mark