[mythtv-users] Full screen myth frontend with 0.16

Ben Holt ben at emediastudios.com
Mon Oct 4 16:00:06 EDT 2004

Hi

I recently upgraded my Myth box from 0.15 to 0.16 using the .deb
binaries from http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian and am no longer
able to get the frontend to run full screen.

I seem to get the exact same results regardless of whether I set the
frontend options to run full screen or windowed.  When the frontend is
initially started it goes full screen, but several seconds later the
gnome window title bar appears.

I am using:

Debian unstable
Mythtv 0.16
Gnome 2.6
XFree 4.3.0
libqt3 3.3.3
libqt2 2.3.2
nvidia driver 1.0.5336

Googling turned up some old Fedora Core/QT related information, but they
were from the 0.14 days and my problem only occurred switching from 0.15
to 0.16, previously it had run fullscreen perfectly.

Any suggestions on what to try or where to look for possible error
messages would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

- Ben