[mythtv-users] mythudprelay / mythtvosd not working -- solved (sort
michaelb at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 5 02:14:10 UTC 2004
I got the caller id stuff working and I wanted to post a quick summary
of one thing that snagged me during the process. Everything went
perfectly well up until the final step of trying to get the
notifications displayed by mythfrontend. I had the external modem,
cidbcast, mythudprelay all working fine and yet no osd message was ever
displayed even using mythtvosd directly.
I found that I had to set the broadcast address when using either
mythtvosd or mythudprelay to the exact IP address of my mythtv box or
127.0.0.1 (since everything is all on the same box including the modem).
I haven't determined why the default broadcast value or any broadcast
value for that matter wouldn't work. The strange thing is that I ran the
.NET caller id program (mythnotify-listener.exe, can't remember where I
got that) on my windows laptop and it was properly receiving the
broadcasts when my mythtv box wasn't.
Either way, this sounds like a linux network config problem, but I'm not
sure what to check -- no firewall and *everything* running on one box
(frontend, backend, modem, mythtvosd, cidbcast and mythudprelay).
More information about the mythtv-users