[mythtv-users] mythfrontend hang OSS audio device '/dev/dsp0'

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 5 00:43:21 EDT 2004

On 10/01/2004 04:54 PM, soekul wrote:

>The system I'm having troubles with is my master back end server. It's
>an old HP PIII-800MHz w/ 256MB PC100 SDRAM and Intel i810 video/audio.
>Upgraded video card to GeForce4 MX 4000 128MB SDRAM. TV Capture is a
>newer Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250 (idx=85, tuner=50 - TCL 2002N)
>
>I'm using FC2 and thus I followed Jarods guide (Excellent walk
>through) since my tuner is newer I had to install bleeding versions of
>v4l and ivtv. A few days ago I had all video recording, transcoding,
>live tv working properly without sound.

<snip>

>dmesg | grep ivtv > ivtv.txt

Please post the output of:

tac /var/log/messages |
sed -n '/=  END INIT IVTV  =/,/= START INIT IVTV =/p;
       /= START INIT IVTV =/q' |
tac

instead.  There are a lot of important messages generated during the
ivtv init that do not contain the word ivtv.  This should allow us to
determine if the problem is with your ivtv or Myth configuration.

Mike