[mythtv-users] MythTV only on CRT?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Oct 5 04:23:03 UTC 2004

On Monday 04 October 2004 19:55, Matt Hannan wrote:
> Am I missing something here?

Yes.

> Does MythTV REQUIRE a TV?

No.

> Can't I set it up to display ONLY on a CRT?

Yes.

> And if so, can I keep my 1600x1200 resolution and just watch Myth in a
> window?

I do just that on my workstation.

> Or, do I HAVE to have a TV?

No.

> In either case, can someone help me with my xorg.conf?

Probably.

> I was wicked happy to see this afternoon that Jarod (sp? forgive me,
> sir) had posted FC2 install docs.

Actually, you got the spelling right. (most don't when guessing, so
congrats. ;-)

> Anyway, here are my details:
> MythTV1.6
> PVR-350
> geForce4MX400 (have S-Video working with a beater TV now)
> 19" Samsung CRT
>
> But, seriously, can't I just watch TV on my monitor?

Yes.

> I am trying to simplify things, you know.

Understood.

Now, Myth doesn't give a rip what the display device is that you have
connected to your box. My main box is hooked to an HDTV through the VGA port,
which to Myth, is no different than your setup (save the resolution
differences). What exactly isn't working? If you simply set up xorg.conf for
a single CRT, Myth should just work.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com