[mythtv-users] required spec for MPEG4.

James Hansen mythtv at f0rmula.com
Tue Oct 5 10:55:50 UTC 2004

Hiya..

I've put together an old pc (P4 1.5ghz with rambus) and have a PVR 350..

If i were to change to a DVB card without the onboard encoder, would I
be able to encode and decode at the same time in MPEG4 or would I need
to stick to MPEG2?

a statement in the documentation suggests it might be ok:

"A developer states that his AMD1800+ system can almost encode two
MPEG-4 video streams and watch one program simultaneously."

but does anyone have any other opinions..  would it make the box very
sluggish to use?

Thanks

James