[mythtv-users] new MoBo, new noise

wmunson at rochester.rr.com wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Oct 5 12:30:24 UTC 2004

If you also got a new case/power supply I suspect that the new supply is not properly shielded and is radiating noise and/or magnetic fields. This would affect your speakers.  If you just touch the ground ring (not the tip or the ring next to the tip) from your speaker cable to the metal case of the computer does it get the same noise? If so, you are radiating and should probably invest in a power supply upgrade.