[mythtv-users] MythTV only on CRT?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Oct 5 19:52:42 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 12:03, nate s wrote:
> I'm running myth only on my moniter, until I rearrange the furniture
> in my room so that I can connect a tv.  I didn't realize it could be
> run in a window, as it always starts fullscreen, how do you switch it?

In the frontend setup, there is a check box for "run frontend in a window".
Can't recall at the moment exactly where, I want to say under Appearance.
Then set the size you want the window to be, exit and restart the frontend.

> > > Yes.

> > > Understood.
> > >
> > > Now, Myth doesn't give a rip what the display device is that you have
> > > connected to your box. My main box is hooked to an HDTV through the VGA
> > > port, which to Myth, is no different than your setup (save the
> > > resolution differences). What exactly isn't working? If you simply set
> > > up xorg.conf for a single CRT, Myth should just work.
> >
> > More clearly (no offense, Jarod :-), myth doesn't care *what you run
> > it's front end on*, and it doesn't even have to run fullscreen.

I thought I made that clear when I told the OP that I do exactly what he's
after (1600x1200 monitor, frontend in a window) on my desktop...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...