[mythtv-users] PVR-350 questions

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Tue Oct 5 22:18:24 UTC 2004

Hello all,

1) Been looking at the PVR-350 and am not too sure about exactly what it
can do.  Currently, I've got a digital STB receving from my aerial (what
else? ;) plugged into my VCR via SCART using composite, and the VCR is
plugged into the DVD player via SCART but using S-Video, and plugged
into my TV via SCART but using S-Video:

Coax --> STB -- SCART/Composite --> VCR -- SCART/S-Video --> DVD --
SCART/S-Video --> TV

I'd much rather avoid Coax as much as possible - looking at the
datasheet for the PVR-350, it seems to be able to input in
S-Video/composite, and output in S-Video via SCART - is it possible to
do the following:

Coax --> STB -- SCART/Composite (adapted to) Phono/Composite --> MythTV
box -- SCART/S-Video --> TV

?

2) Can the PVR-350 output the VGA stuff, such as the MythTV stuff, and
the X desktop?  Hard to explain, hope you understand ;)

3) Finally, and is the remote control supplied with this any decent?  If
not, can a different remote control be used with the PVR-350's IR sensor?

Thanks very much for your help in advance!

Cheers - Piers